Based in Beirut, Lebanon
Press / Business contact:
+961 71 259878
Groovy Antoid is a team of indie game developers based in Beirut and focused on creating 2D mobile games with simple mechanics and lovable characters, often with a quirky touch. The three co-founders are George Elhabr (CEO, Programmer), Fouad Tabsh (CTO, Lead Programmer), Samir Kazah (Art Director).
It all began at The Netherlands Game Awards 2013 in Beirut, a game development contest organized by the Dutch Embassy. George and Fouad (still students at the time) teamed up to create “Super Saw Bro’s”, an innovative, cooperative mobile game oozing with
old school charm. That’s where they met Samir, a fellow contestant. They ended up landing 3rd place, but more importantly they teamed up with Samir who offered to help with the art, and took the game’s visuals to another level.
Eventually, though, they had to put it aside due to an ever expanding scope, studies, work, and a travelling Samir.
Undeterred, they continued, even while Samir was away, with the help of their talented friend Omar Al Fil. They went on to participate in a series of game jams and competitions making games, wackier and more imaginative than ever before, and even winning a couple of them in the process. At that point, it had become clear that the team was onto something. They quit their jobs and sat down together to work on finishing a full, ready-to-publish game. On March 2017, armed with a prototype of their first title, Fat Bunny, and a business plan for their studio, they got accepted into the local startup accelerator Speed@BDD, and their dream suddenly became a reality. Today, they've secured funding, signed publishing deals, hired their first additional programmer and are launching Fat Bunny: Endless Hopper with Appsolute Games and CMGE on January 2018.
Groovy Antoid Applies to Startup Accelerator "Speed" YouTube
Groovy Antoid on MTV Lebanon Prime Time News YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Excellence in Innovation and Best Quickplay Game" - International Mobile Game Awards MENA, Jordan, November 2017
- "Third Place at Arabic Game Jam 2016" - MENA Games Conference, Beirut, April 2016
- "1st Place at MEGAPlay Game Jam" - AltCity, Beirut, November 2015
- "Honorable Mention at Arabic Game Jam 2015" - Panel included Rami Ismail, Sten Selander, More info: Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q03rRnGq3lI
- "Third Place at Netherlands Game Award 2013" - AltCity, Beirut, November 2013
- "Bolstering Lebanon’s game development: Translating passion into a career"
- Susan Wilson, Executive Magazine
Co-founder CEO, Groovy Antoid
Co-founder CTO, Groovy Antoid
Co-founder Art Director, Groovy Antoid